Thanks to Jerry DeFeo for creating this friendly competition
and putting all the hard work and dedication into administering it.
Also, thanks to our sponsors for being so generous and for making it
The Winner this month is Bob Bowland getting 4 of 5 correct.
This month's prize:
A $25 gift certificate from:
Here are this month's questions:
- A national magazine recently had a list of the 10 best sporty cars sold in America including the Mini Cooper, Miata, VW GTI, Corvette, and Porsche 911. It rated the Porsche as the best of ALL cars sold in America; but what was the cost per mile to own one? The IRS allows 50 cents per mile for deductions.
- We are seeing and hearing all about Alcantara Leather in Porsches. It is an interesting material made of 68% Polyester and 32% Polyurethane with many uses. Which of the following is NOT true?
- Porsche is bringing out a Stretch version of the Panamera in 2012. The standard Panamera is now 115", while the long-wheelbase Mercedes S Class boasts 124". What will be the Wheelbase of the Stretch Panamera?
- When production of the Porsche 911 began in 1965, they merely continued the numbering system that had been used for the 356's. When did they start the new numbering system where each digit, or group of digits, have a specific meaning?
- According to a popular magazine that listed the value of Early 911's; for 2011 what is the most valuable 911 of the ones listed?