Thanks to Jerry DeFeo for creating this friendly competition
and putting all the hard work and dedication into administering it.
Also, thanks to our sponsors for being so generous and for making it
1 Point awarded for each correct answer. 1 entry per member. Drawing to break a tie.
The Winner this month is Mark Hanna getting 4 of 5 Correct.
This month's prize:
A $25 gift certificate from:
Here are this month's questions:
- In 1967 Porsche came out with the Outstanding and Remarkable 911R. They only made 24 of them, but there is great discussions if they were 67's or 68's. So, based on VIN Numbers, how many, if any were 67's?
- And, based on VIN Numbers, how many, if any were 68's?
- Were they fast? A 67 Porsche 911S (considered by many to be the Purest of the 911's) had a weight-to-power ratio of 14.2 lbs/hp. A 2005 Porsche 996 Turbo had a w-to-p ratio of 8.3 lbs/hp; and a 2012 Cayman R is 8.6. So what was the ratio of a 911R?
- A big change in 911 Electronic FI came in 2009 with the introduction of Direct Injection Systems. Porsche's initial application of this Technology was on the ___________?
- The Fuel is delivered at a very high pressure of _______ into the combustion chamber?