Thanks to Jerry DeFeo for creating this friendly competition
and putting all the hard work and dedication into administering it.
Also, thanks to our sponsors for being so generous and for making it
Our August winner is:
This month's prize:
A $25 gift certificate from:
Here are this month's questions:
- In 1979 Porsche came out with the new 924 Carrera GT. It had a 2.0 Liter Turbocharged 210 HP Engine. They sold 400 of them, then built and sold 50 Carrera GTS, followed by 16 Carrera GTR's. In their LeMans trim, approximately how much less did the GTR weigh than a street 924 Turbo?
- Who was the Designer of the Aluminum-bodied racer Typ 550/1500RS Spyder?
- All of those 90 Typ 550/1500RS Spyders produced 100 HP and could travel 125 MPH. Approximately what did they weigh?
- The Customer Service Department at Zuffenhausen had a special program that would customize your Porsche to just about anything you wanted, if you had the money to pay for it. What was the name of that department?
- The 1993 Porsche 3.8 Liter RSR Engine really had how many CC's?