Thanks to Jerry DeFeo for creating this friendly competition
and putting all the hard work and dedication into administering it.
Also, thanks to our sponsors for being so generous and for making it
1 Point awarded for each correct answer. 1 entry per member. Drawing to break a tie.
The Winner this month is Tom Martin getting 2 of 5 correct. Jerry: "I guess it was a bit tougher than I thought." :-)
This month's prize:
A $25 gift certificate from:
Here are this month's questions:
- Even though they were NOT legal to import, in late 1967 a handful of 1968 911S's somehow found their way to the US for a few "favored" Teams. One option that was available was a Sport-Kit II consisting of larger Carburetor Venturies, different Jetting & Spark Plugs, Velocity Stacks vs Air Cleaner, and straight-through Megaphone Exhausts vs Muffler. How much was this option? .
- According to the factory, what was the HP increase with this option?
- In 1962 in the 356 Customization Era there was one 2000 GS that wreaked havoc with Porsche. It included a 40 sq cm Backup Light, large Roof Mounted Rally Lights, Inside/Outside Dash Temperature Gauge, Warning Safety Lights in the Doors, Engine and Luggage Compartment Lights, Forward Tilting One-piece Speedster Bucket Seats w/Tool Boxes below, Black Ice Warning, Ampere Meter, Velvet Pile Carpet, Seat Belts, Rocker Switches vs Pull Switches, Radiotelephone System, Transistor Tach vs Cable, etc. It drove the Factory people nuts. What did they call this nightmare of a Porsche which had so many custom features that in time became standard equipment on many modern cars of the world?
- In 1997 Porsche decide to build a very special 911 Turbo. It was the first Production Porsche to hit 300 km/h (~= 186 mph). It eclipsed every Production Porsche before it. How much additional HP did it have?
- It also had another first for Porsche, the debut of ______________.