Thanks to Jerry DeFeo for creating this friendly competition
and putting all the hard work and dedication into administering it.
Also, thanks to our sponsors for being so generous and for making it
1 Point awarded for each correct answer. 1 entry per member. Drawing to break a tie.
This month's prize:
A $25 gift certificate from:
Here were this month's questions: (This month's contest ended August 31st 2016)
- It seems that now all Porsches have some type of Variable Cam Timing so as to gain both Power and Fuel Economy. It is called Variocam and Variocam Plus and has been with Porsche cars since 1992 models. However, it was originally found on another manufacturer's car line back in the 1980's; but Porsche made it better. Who had it first?
- How many Lobes per Valve did the Original Variocam have?
- How many Lobes per Valve does the Variocam Plus have?
- While there can be many causes, what is the main reason that a Battery Explodes in a car on starting it?
- Should you have a Battery Explode in your car you should have it cleaned thoroughly with _________ to neutralize the Battery Acid; and a Professional Repair Shop is recommended vs DIY!!!