Thanks to Jerry DeFeo for creating this friendly competition
and putting all the hard work and dedication into administering it.
Also, thanks to our sponsors for being so generous and for making it
- 1 Point awarded for each correct answer.
- 1 entry per member.
- Drawing to break a tie.
This month's prize:
A $25 gift certificate from:
If you have any questions, contact email@example.com.
|The Winner this month was Mike Mahoney getting 5 of 5 correct.|
|Honorable Mentions also go to Jacques Krielen, Cyril Reif, Jim Hirsch, and Tom Martin who also got 5 of 5 correct.|
|(Ties are broken by random drawing)|
Here were this month's questions: (This month's contest ended August 31st 2017)
- In the beginning of Porsche Cars, 1950 to be exact, the first Porsche 356's with 1100cc had ______ DIN HP at 4200 RPM.
- In 1951 in addition to the 1100cc engine, they brought out a 1300cc. At the same 4200 RPM how much did the DIN HP increase to?
- And again in 1951 they increased the engine again to 1500cc. Now at 5000 RPM they were able to produce _______ DIN HP.
- And in 1952 they came out with the 1500S engine which at the same 5000 RPM now produced _________ DIN HP.
- And then finally in 1955 they dropped the 1100cc engine to only have the 1300cc and the 1500cc engines. But in 1956 they dropped the 1500cc engine to only offer a 1300cc and a 1600cc engine; with the 1600cc engine being available as both a 'Normal' and a 'Super' version. What was the DIN HP in the 1600S engine at the same 5000 RPM?