Thanks to Jerry DeFeo for creating this friendly competition
and putting all the hard work and dedication into administering it.
Also, thanks to our sponsors for being so generous and for making it
1 Point awarded for each correct answer. 1 entry per member. Drawing to break a tie.
The Winner this month is Victor Verissimo getting ALL 5 of 5 correct. Runner up also getting all 5 correct was many time winner Jack Krielen. The Winner in case of a Tie is chosen by a Drawing.
This month's prize:
A $25 gift certificate from:
Here are this month's questions:
- In the mid 70's there was a Porsche 'fanatic' known as Count Gregorio Rossi de Montelera of Martini & Rossi fame that had Porsche build a few special cars just for him. One such car was a Road Legal 917 KH, which had to be modified for his then home country. What was that Country?
- here were a number of modifications necessary to make it "Street Legal"; but which of the following was NOT required?
- Based on information supplied in this source, how many total 917's were made "Road Legal" by Porsche?
- The Count's 917 was turned over to him at the Porsche Factory on April 25, 1975, and he immediately left on a drive towards his first stop, Paris. How many MPG of Premium Grade Pump Gas was he able to achieve in this Road going 917?
- What color was the Count's 917 KH?