Thanks to Jerry DeFeo for creating this friendly competition
and putting all the hard work and dedication into administering it.
Also, thanks to our sponsors for being so generous and for making it
1 Point awarded for each correct answer. 1 entry per member. Drawing to break a tie.
This month's prize:
A $25 gift certificate from:
Here are this month's questions:
- Porsche only built TWO 914/8's. They were built for Ferdinand Piech and Ferry Porsche, with Piech's being the hottest. The only modification to Piech's Full-race Flat 8 for the street was to add a Muffler. How much HP did that take away?
- Which of the following is NOT True about Piech's 914/8?
- Which of the following is NOT True about Ferry's 914/8?
- Piech's Full-race Engine produced 300HP in the car as driven; but Ferry's was reduced to just ______ so as to be more streetable. How much HP did Ferry's produce in Street Trim?
- Porsche Engineers did a lot of special items on ONE or more of the TWO cars with hopes that some might make their way into future production cars. Which of the following is NOT an Item they tried?