Thanks to Jerry DeFeo for creating this friendly competition
and putting all the hard work and dedication into administering it.
Also, thanks to our sponsors for being so generous and for making it
- 1 Point awarded for each correct answer.
- 1 entry per member.
- Drawing to break a tie.
This month's prize:
A $25 gift certificate from:
Here were this month's questions: (This month's contest ended December 31st 2016)
- There is a Village called Nurburg in Germany. Around it is a Ring, but of course you knew that! The modern GP circuit is some 15.7 miles long, 170 Corners, and Elevation Change of over 1000'; while the Nordschleife (North Loop) is only 12.8 miles. The best time ever is 6:11.13 set by Stefan Bellof in a Group C Porsche was set in ______.
- The current 'verified' Record for a Street-legal car is _______ set by a Porsche 918.
- The original Track opened in 1927 at over 17 miles. The 24 Hour Race started in 1970; and by 1977 F1 had abandoned the Track for being too dangerous followed by International Sports Car Racing in 1984. But there is still a local 9 Hour race run by the _______ which is similar to our SCCA.
- Long-time Car Buff, Brook Yates, died Oct 5, 2016. He wrote many Articles and Books about the Sport and the Industry. He and David E Davis Jr had a Love/Hate relationship through-out their careers. He wrote his first Freelance Article at age 16 for ____________ Magazine.
- He must be fondly remembered by concocting in 1971, the Cannonball Baker Sea-to-Shining-Sea Memorial Trophy Dash. It was a Balls-out, Shoot-the-moon, Screw-the-establishment, Rumble from NYC to LA. But he is also a writer for Three Crazy Car Movies. Which one did he NOT write?