Thanks to Jerry DeFeo for creating this friendly competition
and putting all the hard work and dedication into administering it.
Also, thanks to our sponsors for being so generous and for making it
Our February winner is:
David Keens with 4 out of 5.
Honorable mention goes to:
This month's prize:
A $25 gift certificate from:
Here are this month's questions:
- In 1969 Steve McQueen bought a brand new 911-S that was mildly optioned, and is now owned by his son Chad. That car was mistakenly thought to be the 911-S seen in the first 4 minutes of Le Mans. What was the one item that he changed on that 69 911-S from stock?
- In 1967, Bruce Jennings (aka 'King Carrera') bought a brand new 911S that was a beautiful custom "color-to-match" Metallic Deep Burgundy color that he had seen on a friend's car. What car did he see that had his perfect Metallic Deep Burgundy that he wanted for his new Porsche?
- In that same car, Bruce also ordered a special 'Color-to-Sample' Leather Interior. What was the color of the leather that was thought to be really weird for the Burgundy exterior?
- He also adjusted the car's ride height with the famous "Jennings' Rake". What was the result of said modification?
- We in the US are getting the new 997 GT2 that will go 204 MPH, according to Porsche. That is 6 MPH faster than the 2004 996-based GT2 at 198 MPH. How much HP, along with some aero tweaks, did it take to get those last 6 MPH?