Thanks to Jerry DeFeo for creating this friendly competition
and putting all the hard work and dedication into administering it.
Also, thanks to our sponsors for being so generous and for making it
Our January winner is:
Honorable mention goes to:
This month's prize:
A $25 gift certificate from:
Here are this month's questions:
- Which racer of late 356's and early 911's was nick-named "King Carrera?"
- What racetrack did Steve McQueen race a Porsche and come in Second Place, only to arrive home after his son Chad had gone to bed to find a large sign above his bed saying that "2nd Place ain't bad"?
- Some years ago R-12 Freon was replaced by R134a which has now been found to also be an environmental hazard, and will be banned as of 2011 in the EU. It is being replaced by R744, a Carbon Dioxide (CO2) based refrigerant. R744 is how much more efficient than R134a?
- Back in the 1967/68 time period there was a Movie and TV scene that showed a Porsche 356 going off a cliff. It was a real shot in which they sacrificed a perfectly good 356 for a Movie/TV. It was shown on many Warner Bros TV programs including a Mission Impossible episode and in at least one W/B movie. What was the color of that little 356?
- Ed Mayo is well known around the Country for his knowledge of certain Porsches, and his willingness to share the same. Next to Porsches, and his wife Jan, what is Ed's next love, and he doesn't even own one?