Thanks to Jerry DeFeo for creating this friendly competition
and putting all the hard work and dedication into administering it.
Also, thanks to our sponsors for being so generous and for making it
- 1 Point awarded for each correct answer.
- 1 entry per member.
- Drawing to break a tie.
This month's prize:
A $25 gift certificate from:
Here were this month's questions: (This month's contest ended January 31st 2017)
- Different folks like different items in the PCA. And they go to Parade for different reasons also. One of the Highlights of Parade is the Concours D'Elegance Competition. At this year's Parade, out of 42 different Classes the Maverick Region was successful in ________ Classes with the Winner.
- Which Region had the most Concours Winners?
- Parade was held this year in French Lick, Vermont. The Region that traveled the farthest was Alaska at an average of 3,147 miles for the 6 Members that attended. Which Region had the Best Attendance Percentage of all their Members?
- Some of you may have noticed that some years ago, Porsche decided that they preferred to cool their Engines with Water vs Air. They thought this was an improvement. Of course, a Water Cooled Engine has its own idiosyncrasies not so troublesome on the Air Cooled Engines. One of these is you have change out your Radiator Cap every so often to save your Engine from Electrolysis; and for the Water Cooled Porsche recommends using only Porsche brand Coolant. How often do you need to Flush and Change Porsche brand Coolant based on which comes first?
- One of the biggest Headaches on Porsche Engines has been the IMS Bearing (Intermediate Shaft) Failure, which has been a nightmare for Porsche and the Car's Owners. A complete cottage industry has come forth due to this poor design with Retrofits. In what model year did Porsche do away with the IMS?