Thanks to Jerry DeFeo for creating this friendly competition
and putting all the hard work and dedication into administering it.
Also, thanks to our sponsors for being so generous and for making it
Our July winner is:
Jheri Zinn with 2 of 5 correct.
Honorable mention goes to:
Bryan Bell who also got 2 of 5 correct, but lost in the Drawing for the Prize. I guess this was a tough one!!!!!
We now also have a "Trivia Light" for those of you that would like to ease into the world of Porsche trivia! Click here to play "Trivia Light" (Please submit your answers for only one of the two contests each month).
This month's prize:
A $25 gift certificate from:
Here are this month's questions:
- In 1988 Porsche came out with what they considered the Ultimate 911, known as the 959. It had an engine that developed some 450 HP @ 6500 RPM. Its body was also revolutionary. Which of the following was NOT used to build the bodies?
- In 1973 Porsche came out with the fantastic Carrera 911RS. It had many outstanding and new features including a new 2.7 Liter 210 HP Engine. They sold a total of 1580 911RS's in that model year. Approximately what percentage of all Porsche's sold worldwide did the 911RS represent for 1973?
- Of all those 1580 1973 911RS's, how many of them were the Lightweight Coupes supplied without Sound Deadening, Undercoating, nor Interior Insulation?
- In many cases Porsche does the Engineering and Development for VW. One such project was code-named EA425 by VW. Sometimes VW abandons the project and Porsche takes it over for their own. What car did EA425 turn into?
- In 1982 Environmental and Economic concerns that weakened US engines affected FIA Rules also for racing when Group 5 & 6 were replaced with Group C (for consumption). What was the least amount of miles per gallon necessary during the race in order to have enough fuel to go 1000KM?