Thanks to Jerry DeFeo for creating this friendly competition
and putting all the hard work and dedication into administering it.
Also, thanks to our sponsors for being so generous and for making it
The Winner is Steve Kelly getting ALL 5 Correct!
This month's prize:
A $25 gift certificate from:
Here are this month's questions:
(These questions were the same as last month's to give people additional time to answer due to a submission form problem)
- In 1974 Porsche ran a two page Centerfold Advertisement that showed three cars: a 917, a 911, and a 914. It had the price for all three below the picture with a short description of the car and its list price. The 911 was $9,950, the 914 was $6,050; how much was the 917?
- Porsche has really modified their engines for the 2009 models. The base Boxster is now 2.9L vs. the 2.7L that it had before. What is the 2009 Boxster S's engine displacement?
- There is much talk about Hybrid Cars nowadays including Porsche. Which Porsche engineer earned the first patent for a series-hybrid concept and in what year?
- The Porsche museum is now open!!! It will cost you 8 Euros (about $10) to get in. How much did it cost to build?
- This same Museum was considered to be a very prestigious Project. How many different Architects bid on the Job?