Thanks to Jerry DeFeo for creating this friendly competition
and putting all the hard work and dedication into administering it.
Also, thanks to our sponsors for being so generous and for making it
1 Point awarded for each correct answer. 1 entry per member. Drawing to break a tie.
The Winner this month is Travis Howard getting 3 of 5 Correct. We had a Runner-up with Tom Martin also getting 3 Correct, but a Tie is determined by a Drawing.
This month's prize:
A $25 gift certificate from:
Here are this month's questions:
- Back when the 911 first came out it was raced in D-Production. In the 1966 LeMans a private entry drove his Porsche to the races on public roads, Raced, Finished, and nonchalantly drove home again. What did he Place overall?
- Porsche offered Special Competition Packages that turned the Cars into a Track Star at comparatively low cost. One included anti-sway bars, special Brake Pads, and a Driver's Footrest. What was it called?
- There were TWO Engine kits; one comprising Special Carb Jets, Venturies, and Air Filters; and another including Blueprinted Heads and Manifolds. Together they raised the 130HP 2 Liter Engine's HP up to _____. What was the new HP?
- In 1967 the 911R was just barely stock so as to stretch various rules in rallies and GT Racing. Who conceived this Race Car?
- Also in 1967 was a Polish Driver, Sobieslaz Zasada, that outright won the car-killing Argentine Grand Prix; a 2000 mile open road contest that killed more cars than finished. What type of Porsche was he driving?