Here were this month's questions:
(This month's contest ended June 30, 2019 The next contest will be posted on the 10th.)
- In 1969 Porsche introduced the 914 as both a 2.0 L 6 cylinder Porsche Engine or a 1.7 L 4 cylinder VW Engine. With neither engine really giving any Porsche-like performance; in 1971 Ferdinand Piech had a Prototype built for him as a 916. According to this source, another 10 more Production Prototypes were also built, but this special 916 with a 2.9 L Racing Engine ended up going to Piech's wife who nicknamed the car ________ .
- This same car was Black on Black on Black with the only other color being the accent on the Fuchs like the Black on the standard 911 Fuchs Wheels. What was the Color?
- The 916 was never brought to market as it was determined ($14,000 to $15,000) to be too expensive by 1971-72 competition. You could get a new 911S Targa for $10, 230, or a more prestigious Ferrari Dino for $14,500. Even the 2.0 L 914-6 was being outsold in 1970 by the 914-4 by 5 to 1 margin. And 1971 was even worse being outsold by a ________ margin!
- Porsche's entry level vehicle after the 914 was the Front-engine, Water-cooled 924. Then came the 944 in 1982, 944S in 1987, and 944S2 in 1989. Porsche Engineers planned on a S3 variant for 1992, but since they had changed so much that only about _______ of the parts were the same, they decided to introduce an all new model as the 968.
- While we all know Stuttgart for the Porsche Headquarters, many different models have been build elsewhere. Where were the 968 Water-cooled Front-engine Porsche's built?