Thanks to Jerry DeFeo for creating this friendly competition
and putting all the hard work and dedication into administering it.
Also, thanks to our sponsors for being so generous and for making it
Our March winner is:
Cyril Reif again with all 5 correct!
This month's prize:
A $25 gift certificate from:
Here are this month's questions:
- In 1968, Porsche Engineers built a small number of 909 Bergspyders mainly for Hillclimbs. Having a gas-filled magnesium frame and composite body, it is the lightest Porsche Race Car of all time; what did it weigh?
- Steve McQueen, our beloved star of LeMans, had over 50 cars in his lifetime. What was his first brand new car?
- Many times when he went racing, so that the competitors wouldn't treat him any differently, he would enter as _________.
- The very first Porsche, 356-001, was sold by Ferry in 1948. How many different owners did it have before Porsche got it back ten years later in 1958?
- This same first Porsche #1 was dropped from a Lufthansa forklift on its way to Rennsport II in 2004. But many years before, it suffered another accident of sorts when privately owned; it was __________!