Thanks to Jerry DeFeo for creating this friendly competition
and putting all the hard work and dedication into administering it.
Also, thanks to our sponsors for being so generous and for making it
The Winner again this month was Cyril Reif getting all 5 of 5 Correct. Good job Cyril..........
This month's prize:
A $25 gift certificate from:
Here are this month's questions:
- An article reviewing different cars said that a Porsche 911 Carrera S was the fifth most of the 5 "most expensive" vehicles (Viper, MB SL550, MB S550, Jag XK) to own from new over a 5-year period. The cost includes depreciation, fuel, interest, insurance, sales tax, repairs, and maintenance. What does it cost you to own a 911 Carrera for 5 years?
- A new record was just set in April for the Fastest Lap ever at the Nurburgring in a Production based car. Who set it?
- The newest Porsche to be shown to the public is the 918 Spyder Concept. It is an economical 4-wheel drive hybrid that can also be a 198 mph race car when so desired. It is powered by both electric and gasoline motors. The gasoline motor is a _____?
- The Electric Drive is unique using a fluid-cooled lithium-ion battery to power how many electric motors?
- While the battery can be charged by the gasoline engine, the regenerative braking system, or a plug-in charging system it is powerful enough to take the little Porsche _____ miles on battery power alone.