Thanks to Jerry DeFeo for creating this friendly competition
and putting all the hard work and dedication into administering it.
Also, thanks to our sponsors for being so generous and for making it
- 1 Point awarded for each correct answer.
- 1 entry per member.
- Drawing to break a tie.
This month's prize:
A $25 gift certificate from:
Here were this month's questions: (This month's contest ended May 31st 2017)
- The first start for Porsche at the 24 Hours of LeMans resulted in a Win. A 356SL won the Class of 1100cc in ______.
- The first LeMans race was run in 1923, but with Porsche coming in many years later holds the Record with the most Cars of a Brand, Porsche, to have raced there. At the time of this article it was ________.
- What was the very last year for the famous LeMans Start where the Drivers would run across the Track, Jump into their Cars, Start the Car, and Take-off?
- After that, they went to a Standing Start for ________ years before switching to the Flying Start?
- Due to adding a few Chicanes over the years, the Record of 156.47 MPH may stand forever as the fastest Average Speed. It was set by a Porsche 962 C factory car in ______.