Thanks to Jerry DeFeo for creating this friendly competition
and putting all the hard work and dedication into administering it.
Also, thanks to our sponsors for being so generous and for making it
1 Point awarded for each correct answer. 1 entry per member. Drawing to break a tie.
This month's prize:
A $25 gift certificate from:
Here are this month's questions:
- Porsche once only had the VIN in the Trunk of the car. In what year did they add them to the Driver's side Windshield Post and Door Jamb for cars built for the USA?
- In what year did Porsche along with most other Auto Manufacturers adapt the 17 digit VIN numbering system still in use today?
- The 911 can trace it Roots back to sketches drawn by 'Butzi' Porsche in August of ________?
- Production of the 911 began in September of 1964 as a 901. We all know that Peugeot objected to the numbering system of any 3 numbers with a '0' in the middle after seeing the 901 at the 1964 Paris Auto Show. When did Porsche change to the 911 nomenclature?
- The first 911 reached the USA with a Price Tag of $6500. Which of the following was NOT Standard Equipment on the first 911's?