Thanks to Jerry DeFeo for creating this friendly competition
and putting all the hard work and dedication into administering it.
Also, thanks to our sponsors for being so generous and for making it
- 1 Point awarded for each correct answer.
- 1 entry per member.
- Drawing to break a tie.
This month's prize:
A $25 gift certificate from:
Here were this month's questions: (This month's contest ended October 31st 2017)
- In 1951 Porsche was struggling to meet demand for its cars and they needed a proper Factory; but they could not get a Bank Loan to do so. So American Max Hoffman arranged a meeting between Porsche and __________ to do some Prototype work. The result was a contract bringing some $400,000 (in 1951) which paid for Porsche's first proper factory; enabling Porsche to be debt-free and on its way. What was the company?
- In 1967 Porsche Race Driver Richard Attwood tells us that the car he was driving at Spa would NOT start on the Starting Line, but he was headed downhill. Therefore, he let off the brakes and just coasted down gathering speed and heading for the track so as to start the Engine. Why would the car (Ferrari) not start?
- In 1994 Porsche had a few items that were unique to the 911 Speedster. Which of the following was NOT one of them?
- In 2007 there were a great many Appointments to important Positions within the PCA including many Maverick Members. Who was appointed to be the National Awards Chairman?
- In 2008 the first Photos of the upcoming Panamera were released from Porsche along with some Specifications. Which of the following is NOT True?